You may need a dental restoration if your teeth are decayed, injured, or missing. Dental restorations include crowns, fillings, implants, dentures, and bridges. Call the dentist in Wicker park if you have a problem with one of your teeth. It is often possible to save your tooth with restoration before the damage progresses. Taking care of any issues with your teeth promptly will prevent more severe complications.
What Are Dental Restorations?
Restorative dentistry involves various methods your dentist can use to restore your teeth. Restorations can restore and prevent further damage to your tooth if you have missing parts, an injury, or decay. Whether you need to replace an old restoration or are missing a portion of a tooth due to decay, dental restorations can help.
Good oral hygiene at home can prevent decay and keep your teeth healthy. Getting regular dental exams twice a year is essential for healthy teeth and mouths. As part of your regular check-up, we will check your teeth for cavities and make sure there are no problems.
The Different Types of Dental Restorations
- Fillings: A filling prevents decay and is the most common type of dental restoration. The types of fillings include tooth-colored composite fillings, silver amalgam fillings, and composite fillings. Different filling materials will be used depending on the cavity’s size and location.
- Crown: Covering a tooth with a crown is called a crown. With a crown, you can restore the shape and size of a tooth and blend it in with your natural teeth. Coughs are often used with dental implants to restore a tooth’s function after a root canal.
- Bridges: Bridges are false teeth that help fill the gap left by missing teeth. Crowns and bridges are used in conjunction, and cement secures them permanently.
- Dental: Dental Implants are similar to screws inserted into the jaw. An implant consists of a titanium post attached to an abutment or connector. Afterward, the implant is covered with a crown. In addition to being permanent, implants are highly durable, lasting up to 15 years on average.
- Dentures: Removable dentures made of acrylic resin or metal can replace missing teeth. Dentures can fill in gaps and give you a natural look if you still have some natural teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Restoration?
Dental restorations have numerous benefits, and they can help restore your smile. Contact Urban Smiles Dental if you are missing teeth or have decay and want to restore your perfect smile. Dental restorations can make it easier for you to speak and eat and give you a smile that can help restore your self-esteem.
Interested in learning more about dental restoration?
Contact Urban Smiles Dental for more information about dental restorations. With years of experience in dental restoration, our doctors are passionate about providing patients with the smiles of their dreams. We always put your oral health first. You’re just a phone call away from a great smile!
Get in touch with Urban smiles dental to schedule an appointment, and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.