A healthy mouth is important for a happy, fulfilling life. Unfortunately, not everyone can enjoy the benefits of a healthy mouth because they have lost teeth due to tooth decay or gum disease. This blog post discusses dental implants and how they can change your life by restoring function and aesthetics, improving chewing ability, preventing dry sockets after extractions, and more!
A dental implant is a type of prosthetic tooth that replaces one or more teeth. The replacement can be either an artificial tooth, which is attached to the adjacent natural teeth by metal clasps called abutments (or posts) or in some cases, it can also include the roots of natural teeth without any attachment mechanism at all. Dentists often refer to these implants as “teeth-in-a-day” because they are placed within 24 hours, and then the patient returns home with temporary dentures until their gums have healed completely. It’s true, this procedure does hurt just like any other surgery would, but there are many advantages when compared to traditional treatments such as bridges and partial plates. Here are some of the benefits that we at Urban Smiles- Wicker Park Dentist think come with a dental implant:
- Improved chewing ability and function because they restore complete functionality to your jaw. The implants allow you to chew normally without feeling like food is caught in between or missing teeth, which can often happen when wearing false teeth. Implants also reduce stress on other teeth by allowing them more room for their natural position and movement. So even if you’re not looking into cosmetic dentistry, it’s still important to have healthy oral hygiene habits so as not to damage existing tooth structures from excessive pressure due to less wear and tear caused by eating hard foods all day long!
- The quality of life is better with dental implants, so you won’t be stressed out by an appearance that makes you feel older than what’s inside.
- Aesthetic improvements – Dental implants look nearly identical to natural teeth; there’s no need for embarrassing teeth or tooth loss disguises.
- You’ll have the confidence to show off a great smile again.
- Health benefits – The implants are stable, move with your natural teeth and can alleviate stress on them. Implants also function better than dentures by providing the desirable chewing ability and reducing the chance for food to get caught in between false teeth.
- Smile improvement: One of the most notable effects is a noticeable increase in self-esteem as well as others’ perception of you! In addition to being more comfortable because they fit so well, dental implants may reduce clenching or grinding that could cause serious problems like broken jawbones (temporomandibular disorders). And when you feel good about yourself, it shows on your face! Your smile becomes radiant again, and people will perceive this change; their attitude towards you will change for the better.
- Have fun eating what you want without worrying about food getting stuck in your teeth.
- Look younger: When your teeth are missing, it’s easy to feel old and self-conscious. With implants and good oral hygiene habits, however, there is no need to worry about how your mouth looks anymore because teeth implants can help maintain a youthful appearance! A crown or bridge on an implant makes it easier to eat solid foods without slipping up too often (which only works if you’ve maintained excellent dental health). What might be most noticeable in terms of ageing is that with natural ageing comes gums receding from the tooth line; this has been shown not to occur as much when using dental implants replacements, so people become more comfortable with showing their smile again.